Saturday, January 13, 2007

January 13, 1913

Happy Founders Day to My Sorors of
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.




On January 13, 1913 22 visionary college educated women founded my beloved sorority, Delta Sigma Theta.


I spent my 1st founders day (weekend...LOL.. you'll see why I say that in a minute!!) where it all began!


The ladies and I enjoyed a wonderful Soror Dinner at Acadian . Then we celebrated 94 historial years and dedication with the Sorors of Alpha Chapter in a Founders day program.

We all bundled up and headed down to Fortitude. At the stoke of midnight we sang songs around Fortitude. Man we had a blast and the weather held up for us (we felt a couple of big rain drops, but we made it!)


Saturday morning we attended the Washington Area Founders Day celebration with over 1100 beautiful Sorors dressed in Red, Black or White. We were also blessed to be in the presence of the radiant 10th National President, Dr. Dorothy I. Height.


Overall, this was a fantastic weekend of celebration and rededication....

Ooooooooooooo-oooooooop My Sorors!!!!!!


Take a look at the photo album for pics from the weekend...
#37 Checkmate, Spring 2006 Raleigh Alumnae Chapter, 41 D.O.O.L :-)

No comments: